Wednesday 9 May 2012

Housecleaning!

Two posts in just a few minutes? My my, anyone would think I was nearly serious about this!

I've done some starting organisation for at least getting my home tidied and a bit organised. By which I mean gone completely through my drawers and wardrobe, so far I've:

  • Put everything in it's proper place (rather than having a couple of baskets of clean clothes and a dirty pile)
  • Paired all my socks (and chucked out a whole bunch of odd and worn out ones)
  • Tried on everything I've got to see what still fits and what doesn't.
     - All my 'don't quite fit, too small' items have been folded and put on a shelf that doesn't get used much. Hopefully once I've lost some weight they'll fit again
     - I've found that almost all of my button up shirts are, really, too big. Either just a little bit loose, or very loose. They've now been sorted in my wardrobe by size, and I need to buy myself some new shirts that fit properly so I can rotate in to properly fitting stuff.
Still to do:
 - Throw out the few bits of things that both don't fit and aren't really in condition to do anything else with
 - Give away a bunch of my shirts that are too big for me [Have found someone who may be interested in at least a couple]
 - Do something with my suit. It's also too big for me now, need to sell or give away
  - I'm not going to replace this just yet, since I don't want to get one now and not need it until I've lost more weight
 - Buy new shirts (probably some non-jeans pants and a decent looking jumper too)

I've also resolved that I'm going to go through my cupboards and shelves, both tidying and ditching anything that really has no reason to be kept. Plan is to go through one shelf or cupboard per day from here on in (well, except the four days I'll be in Tasmania with friends, unless someone can teach me how to teleport in the next 24 hours).

To do:
 - Go through one shelf or cupboard each day until whole house is checked, tidied and organised
 - Get rid of busted Microwave (Died two days ago)
 - Get rid of worn out clothes dryer (motor can barely spin its own weight, let alone clothes as well. Will see if Dad wants to take it apart for parts or something)

4 comments:

  1. A tip I read for getting an idea of clothes you're not using is to put all the clothes hangers on the rack "backwards", then as you wear stuff and put it back you put it in normally. After a designated length of time you go through and can get rid of anything where the hanger is still backwards. Probably less relevant when you don't have heaps and heaps of clothes, but still interesting.

    Also, what kind of shirts are they you're getting rid of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that's a kind of cool idea :) I might just implement that.

      The shirts I'm getting rid of are.. well, standard single colour button up shirts.

      Delete
    2. Well I don't think dad really wants the old microwave - but I suppose seeing as I am a GREAT mother (even if I did supposedly tell you you needed to conform to societal norms) I will come down and pick it up and get rid of it for you.
      I like the blog, perhaps it will keep you motivated in a way I couldn't!!!
      But dad and I know you can achieve anything you want to and we will support you in doing it!!!!!
      Good luck - you've made me realise I need to keep moving forward and not stagnate as well. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
      mum

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, I can get rid of the microwave if dad doesn't want it for bits :). Hard rubbish collection is a wonderful thing

      Delete