Wednesday 9 May 2012

Day One: Benchmarking

Some of the things on my 'to do' list require knowing where I am now exactly in order to be able to get somewhere, so it's time to record some Benchmarks of where I am now with things:

Health & Fitness

  • Weight: 81.5kg
     - Goal: 70kg
  • Girth: 40"
     - Goal: 36"
  • Situps*: 19 (yes, I couldn't manage #20)
     - Goal: 50
  • Riding Distance: Unknown, but somewhere over 10kms
     - Goal: 30+kms
  • Running Distance: Unknown, but not much
     - Goal: 5kms (Couch to 5K Program)
  • Eating Habits:
     - Need to increase my Fruit & Veg intake by quite a bit. Going to kick off a new eating plan when I get back from Tasmania next week
Creative
  • iPhone/Android App: Currently have one with a bunch of friends partway between planning and Alpha stages.
     - Needs a whole bunch of one-liners written up
     - Needs art done (This will be done by someone else)
     - Needs programming tidied up and tailored (This will be done by someone else)
     - Need to organise a team meeting to see where everyone is up to. Hopefully this weekend
  • Writing: Going to leave this one on the back burner for the moment to relook at later on. May well do this for NANO this year
Big & Scary
  • Career:
     - Goal: Intellectually stimulating job that still pays well
     - Current to dos:  A friend of mine runs a Recruitment agency. Must polish up my resume and send it to her
  • Place to live:
     - Goal: Have my own place rather than renting, in a spot that is near work and appreciates in value so that if I decide I want to pack up and head overseas, I can sell it and cover my debts.
     - This one is also getting to sit on the back burner for a while. This will be looked at after Career is more organised I think
Intellectual
  • A couple of friends have sent me links to places offering online training courses. I should take a look and see if anything tickles my fancy. Something to help out for the Creative category I think.

Ok, I think that's a reasonable benchmark post to kick off. As I think of things I'll keep adding back here for easy reference.
Also, if anyone can think of anything I've missed or has any suggestions, please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment