Tuesday 15 May 2012

Back from Tassie

Ok! So, sorry about the multi day delay between postings there everyone. I've been off in Tasmania catching up with friends, and didn't have computer access.

So! A couple of other projects and ideas have come up with I was over there, just little things but hey, 'little things that make up life' and all that.

First up, myself and another friend have decided that we want to learn to use our cameras properly, rather than just using presets and auto-modes. This will be coming sometime after June 12th due to that friend's prior engagements.
I'm also checking for firmware updates for my camera as I type, since it seems that what my manual says and what appears on my camera are two different things. I currently can't change the apeture, shutter speed, or any of that, the method the manual says should work, doesn't. Fingers crossed an update is all that's needed.

Also, I have three costumes that I need to prepare for in the next couple of months.


  • One I need to do by this Sunday. Thankfully that one shouldn't require much more than some goggles, a Nerf gun and a jacket, anything else is gravy.
  • The Second one needs to be done by June 9th for the Continuum Sci Fi/Fantasy convention. I'm thinking a variation of Captain Nemo from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (yes I know, terrible film). I'll do a breakdown on what I need for that one at a later point, likely after this weekend's one is done.
  • The Third one is for a party in July. I won't say what the plan is since the person who is hosting reads this and I want it to be a surprise, but I dare say it's going to either end up very easy or very fiddly. (Sorry Lauren, I'm not crossdressing this year).
Other than that, at the moment I'm just getting ready for going back to work tomorrow and trying to get all those little things I've missed the last few days done. For starters, once I finish writing this I'm going to sign up to help with a few panels at Continuum. Never done it before but hey, I know full well that I can talk, and I don't get stage fright :)

Hrm. Also need to choose a vegetable for this week's "Dinners Theme". I'm thinking I might go Cabbage. Nice and simple start. Wonder if I can try making a cabbage & mince pie or something....

Anyways, more coherent update to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment